Skip to main content

July Favourites with Emma

Hello!
It's often nice to reflect back on the month so here are my July favourites:

Tv Show
This month I caught up on all the Game of Thrones seasons. A fantastic fantasy-drama series with twists at every turn. If you like epicness then this is for you. I love fantasy anyway and this was exactly what I wanted. I will not say anymore so not to spoil it!

Music
I have re-sparked my love for JLS, a British boy-band who were X Factor runner-ups in 2008. They can sing, they can dance and they have upbeat, feel-good songs. What more could you want? It is a shame they split a few years ago! I understand they may not be everyone's cup of tea these days but when listening to them I felt nostalgic and have now bought their 'Goodbye' album which is amazing. I have to mention my favourite songs on the album called 'Take a chance on me,' 'Everybody in Love,' and 'One Shot.'

Purchases
At the beginning of the month I went to Beddgerlert (click on this to read the legend!), Wales, where I bought a SheepPooPaper air freshener. The sheep poo is washed and made into paper (obvious from the name) and it is not dirty but is very sterile. As it says on the air freshener 'No trees were harmed in the making of this unique and eco-friendly air freshener.' It smells like freshly mown grass (other scent options were daffodils and roses). So, it is eco-friendly, smells like one of my favourite scents in the world and has a cute sheep drawing on it. It will hopefully stop my car smelling like a dog....I don't have a dog.

I feel like my bargains should be honourably mentioned. In Llandudno, Wales, I bought a few £2.50 and £3.00 books which were brand new! I was rather chuffed.

Film
I have only watched one film this month (I am also disgusted with myself) and that was 'Me before You.' I have really wanted to read the book but decided to watch the film instead. I absolutely loved it and smiled the whole way through. Emilia Clarke's performance cheered me up and I loved her character. I also now want some bumblebee tights. It's a unique rom-com with a heartbreaking real-life debate at it's core. If you want to be both happy and devastated at the same time, you should watch it. Feel those feelings!

Reflection
A memory
Walking along Llandudno pier with my Mum in the sunset. That was nice :).

An achievement
I've been learning German! It's good fun and I feel as though I have improved so much over the past month.

Something I'm proud of
I am proud how far I am come with driving confidence. I did not feel nervous when driving but I used to always feel as though everyone thought I was doing something wrong. I have now realised that I am an okay driver and it is probably only lack of experience that I have as I have been driving for just over a month. Nothing has happened to me yet, I haven't crashed, haven't nearly crashed and haven't been beeped at so I think I am doing okay for now.

Something I've learnt
I feel as though I have learnt this in the past few days. Work. Work for what you want, do not just sit there and wait for the world to do it for you. You only have one life and when you are 90 years old in that bed you do not want to regret a single moment.

Something to take with me
To look to the sky and not to the floor (basically, I'm really in to space at the moment and like to look at the sky).

Boromir: Remember today, little brother. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stop Time - Matt Haig (BOOK REVIEW)

"Tom Hazard has a dangerous secret. He may look like an ordinary 41-year-old, but owing to a rare genetic condition, he's been alive for centuries. From Elizabethan England to Jazz-Age Paris, from New York to the South Seas, Tom has seen a lot, and now craves an ordinary life." How to Stop Time is a captivating novel, with a heartwarming (and heart-wrenching) story. It follows love, loss, and so, so much more. It moves at breakneck speed through different times and places, but its quite easy to follow, with a truly brilliant storyline. Unlike Haig's real-llife book, Reasons to Stay Alive (read my thoughts on that one by clicking here ), this is a completely fictional story - but it does draw from the author's real experiences. When speaking about character Tom Hazard's condition, and him being over 400 years old, Haig said that when he was suffering with depression, he felt like he was 400 years old, because the illness had a funny way of making each day s

Music Ask by Emma (Part 1)

About a year ago I saw a 'Music Ask' on Pinterest and I have decided to try it out. As there were so many I decided to do it in 3 parts. This is 1/3. I did decide to not include any film music in my choices because I would've found it much harder! If you want to hear the song just click on the name and it will send you to Youtube. Enjoy! 1. A song you like with a colour in the title Blue Ain't Your Colour - Keith Urban 2. A song you like with a number in the title 7 Years - Lukas Graham 3. A song that reminds you of summertime Summer Paradise - Simple plan ft. Sean Paul 4. A song that reminds you of someone you would rather forget about Clown - E meli Sa nd é 5. A song that needs to be played loud! Never Let Me Go - Florence And The Machine (But every song be played loud for the best experience) 6. A song that makes you want to dance Hunger - Ross Copperman (A lot of songs make me want to dance but this one makes me want to dance with someone, s

Half Bad By Sally Green- Book Review By Emma

Nathan Byrne is Half Bad.  He's half White Witch....half Black Witch. His mother was a healer....his father is a killer. He's wanted by no one....but hunted by everyone. Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/a0/fc/07a0fc57e50023f0952fb308c58b8902.jpg A few years ago I decided to buy 'Half Wild,' a book which I first saw on a poster in my secondary school's library. I never forgot about it so when I saw it on the shelf in Waterstones I couldn't resist spending my money on it. However, that is the second book in the trilogy. If you recall back to my July Favourites  post you may remember that I mentioned buying some books in Llandudno, and one of those books was 'Half Bad,' the first book in the trilogy. I was so excited to read this book. The blurb intrigued me and the book cover is beautiful. The first few chapters were straight to the point, no explanation and rather confusing. But that was the beauty of it. I wondered 'w